Betty Buckley in ‘Hello, Dolly!’ Broadway tour brings stage classic to new generations by Philip Potempa It takes a special talent to step into the heel-kicking shoes of that legend of stage, the irrepressible Dolly Levi. Throughout the decades, the title character role of Broadway‘s “Hello, Dolly!” has been played by everyone from Pearl Bailey, Ginger Rogers, Martha Raye, Betty Grable and Phyllis Diller as well as Barbra Streisand cast to play her for the 1969 film version. And of course, Carol Channing, a larger-than-life personality both on and off stage and camera, started it all. Channing, who will celebrate her 98th birthday in January,...Read More
Month: November 2018
OfNotoriety.com covers the latest in theater news and reviews, entertainment, movies, stage performances, exhibits, museums, travel destinations, trends/shopping, dining and more.
Philip Potempa, a 25-year Chicago veteran journalist, writes about what others are talking about to keep readers informed about the hottest tickets (and topics) in town and beyond.
His Of Notoriety columns and feature stories can also be read in print in his flagship newspaper The Post-Tribune, one of the daily newspapers in the Chicago Tribune Publishing Media Chain.
You can contact Philip Potempa at email@example.com
- 7 Questions with Christopher Kale Jones
- REVIEW: Betty Buckley in ‘Hello, Dolly!’ Broadway tour brings stage classic to new generations
- REVIEW: Broadway tour ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ deliciously satisfies audience cravings
- REVIEW: Funny and likeable ‘Tootsie’ dressed and ready for New York Broadway bow
- REVIEW: ‘Legally Blonde’ at Paramount Theatre is pink perfection