Latest national Broadway tour for ‘The Sound of Music’ a favorite family affair by Philip Potempa When the live television theatrical production of “The Sound of Music” ranked as a ratings success for NBC in December 2013, with more than 44 million viewers tuned in, it was further proof of the lasting magical appeal of the fabled story of the von Trapp Family. Ted Chapin, president of the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization, explained the idea for the TV stage special: “I waited for a moment when we could rediscover ‘The Sound of Music’ as it was originally created. Because of the...Read More
Month: April 2018
OfNotoriety.com covers the latest in theater news and reviews, entertainment, movies, stage performances, exhibits, museums, travel destinations, trends/shopping, dining and more.
Philip Potempa, a 25-year Chicago veteran journalist, writes about what others are talking about to keep readers informed about the hottest tickets (and topics) in town and beyond.
His Of Notoriety columns and feature stories can also be read in print in his flagship newspaper The Post-Tribune, one of the daily newspapers in the Chicago Tribune Publishing Media Chain.
You can contact Philip Potempa at email@example.com
- REVIEW: Drury Lane’s ‘And Then There Were None’ mysteriously lacks intrigue
- REVIEW: Steppenwolf revisits its roots with a new generation in ‘True West’
- REVIEW: First Folio Theatre’s ‘Henry V’ adds new dimension to centuries old story
- REVIEW: Cat scratch fever overtakes Chicago as ‘Cats’ Broadway tour arrives
- Review: Memorial Opera House’s ‘Mamma Mia!’ a sliver of paradise in NWI