Block St. Theatre’s ‘Flamingo & Decatur’ hits jackpot with World Premiere By Philip Potempa The landscape and allure of Las Vegas are as ever-shifting as the sands of the desert surrounding this entertainment and gambling mecca. And behind all of the glitter, glowing neon and legendary entertainment with promise of excitement cranks the machine of the ages-old gaming industry, the means which finances the entire front, making it all possible. As so often chronicled in history books, Las Vegas is a city defying the odds to exist, even though early engineering and urban planning would have thought it impossible that today it supports...Read More
Month: January 2018
OfNotoriety.com covers the latest in theater news and reviews, entertainment, movies, stage performances, exhibits, museums, travel destinations, trends/shopping, dining and more.
Philip Potempa, a 25-year Chicago veteran journalist, writes about what others are talking about to keep readers informed about the hottest tickets (and topics) in town and beyond.
His Of Notoriety columns and feature stories can also be read in print in his flagship newspaper The Post-Tribune, one of the daily newspapers in the Chicago Tribune Publishing Media Chain.
You can contact Philip Potempa at email@example.com
- REVIEW: Drury Lane’s ‘And Then There Were None’ mysteriously lacks intrigue
- REVIEW: Steppenwolf revisits its roots with a new generation in ‘True West’
- REVIEW: First Folio Theatre’s ‘Henry V’ adds new dimension to centuries old story
- REVIEW: Cat scratch fever overtakes Chicago as ‘Cats’ Broadway tour arrives
- Review: Memorial Opera House’s ‘Mamma Mia!’ a sliver of paradise in NWI