‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ shines and defines at Paramount Theatre By PHILIP POTEMPA Of Notoriety Andrew Lloyd Webber‘s “Jesus Christ Superstar” always attracts stage attention and big names connected with the favorite stage musical which also starred actor Ted Neeley, now 73, in the title role in the 1973 original musical film. Throughout the years, he has also toured with the stage musical as well. Paramount Theatre‘s new production of this Broadway hit resurrects “Jesus Christ Superstar” like never before. Playing this month through Sunday, May 28, director and producer Ron Kellum makes his Paramount debut teamed with Paramount veterans Tom...Read More
Month: May 2017
OfNotoriety.com covers the latest in theater news and reviews, entertainment, movies, stage performances, exhibits, museums, travel destinations, trends/shopping, dining and more.
Philip Potempa, a 25-year Chicago veteran journalist, writes about what others are talking about to keep readers informed about the hottest tickets (and topics) in town and beyond.
His Of Notoriety columns and feature stories can also be read in print in his flagship newspaper The Post-Tribune, one of the daily newspapers in the Chicago Tribune Publishing Media Chain.
You can contact Philip Potempa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REVIEW: Betty Buckley in ‘Hello, Dolly!’ Broadway tour brings stage classic to new generations
- REVIEW: Broadway tour ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ deliciously satisfies audience cravings
- REVIEW: Funny and likeable ‘Tootsie’ dressed and ready for New York Broadway bow
- REVIEW: ‘Legally Blonde’ at Paramount Theatre is pink perfection
- REVIEW: ‘Anything Goes’ at Music Theater Works is a splashy sensation